13 June, 2011

Knitted Guns

I knitted these guns as part of a series that included the knitted stags head.  They were all made using my knitting machine. It's a big hulk of a machine, that I drag from house to house, together with a massive refugee bag of hundreds of dollars worth of yarn. It's such a pain but I really love everything about it. 
It's such a tactile machine, everything about it makes you feel like you are really crafting something using a long lost skill.  It makes so much noise when you use it and is such a funny shape. It's also so quick to whip up a scarf which is great for an impatient soul like me and what's even better is that you get a stomach workout when you use it.
I really should make a video of it because it's jut so amazing to see it in action.


3 comments:

  1. you'd be amazed at how many times I've thought about your knitted guns since you told me about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be selling those, you'd be rolling in it by now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 16, 2011

    These are great Sian, a bizarrely harmonious combination of the innocent process of knitting and the violence of the subject matter. Love it.

    ReplyDelete